Real results come from getting CLEAR on what it is you're working towards. Sure you can say "I want to lose weight," or "I want to be leaner," but at the end of the day, those are simply words. What you need is an action plan, so let's create one together!
Habits are created from CLEAR goals.
How do we set clear goals? By getting SMART about our intentions!
Smart Goals stands for goals that are:
1. Specific (What EXACTLY do you want to achieve?)
2. Measurable (Put a concrete number or feeling with the goal, something measurable.)
3. Attainable (Ask yourself, is this a realistic goal I can achieve? Reach for the stars, but keep one foot on the ground.)
4. Relevant (Is this goal what you genuinely want to achieve? Does it makes sense to go after it NOW?)
5. Time - Based (Pick a date at which you aim to hit specific milestones. Even if you do not achieve them exactly as planned, you are actively making progress forward; which is still a success!)
Here is an example of how to get SMART.
Unclear goal: "I want to lose weight."
Clear, SMART goal: "I want to lose 4 pounds by June 16th to feel confident in my dress for Josie's party."
Can you spot the difference? One is fairly general while the other is extremely specific and provides information to work with.
Once you get SUPER clear on what it is you want to accomplish, it's time to put together an ACTION list.
2 or 3 actions you can do EVERY day to work closer to this goal.
Example: Walk for 20-30 minutes after work, drink 1/2 my body weight in water every day, and have a serving of protein and veggies at every meal.
Does this make sense?
Let's say your goal was even bigger, for example, you wanted to lose 100lbs. Knowing that may take some time, we want small wins along the way to help keep us motivated and inspired throughout the journey.
This could be, for example, "I want to lose 30 pounds in 8 months."
Break it down even more! "Okay, 15 pounds in 4 months."
Even more! "In 2 months, I want to walk up a hill without feeling completely breathless."
Keep Going! "In 1 month I want to be able to walk for 30 minutes a day."
See how CLEAR the path becomes?
Break it down as far as you can (Yes, we could have kept going) and then create your action plan. Small little actions, when taken daily, add up to achieving big goals!
"A goal without a plan is just a wish," Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
You already, inside you, have all the tools you need to succeed. All that's left is a plan! Drop your SMART + Daily Actions Below!